Due to COVID-19 biosecurity restrictions and for everyone's safety from our volunteers to competitors, visitors, sponsors and stock, the 2020 Mount Isa Mines Rodeo has been cancelled...but please put the 2021 dates in your diary now. We can't wait to welcome you back from 12 - 15 August 2021
To pay tribute to the 2020 Isa Rodeo Queen Quest entrants who had been forced to suspend their fundraising, including Krystle Chong, Kelly-Maree Jones and Maddie Grey, they will re-commence as 2021 Queen Quest entrants when we can.
Rodeo Ball & Fundraising
The Isa Rodeo Queen and Charity Queen will be crowned at the Bell & Moir Toyota Rodeo Ball in 2021.
Isa Rodeo Chief Executive Officer, Ms Natalie Flecker paid tribute to the entrants’ fundraising efforts:
“We know many, many hours of hard work and effort go into their fundraising and all seven will be wonderful ambassadors for the Isa Rodeo.
“We are very grateful for the ongoing support of all our sponsors, and Bell & Moir Toyota have been long time sponsors of the Rodeo Ball where the Queens are crowned .”
Queen Quest hopefuls work hard fundraising throughout the year with the help of the Mount Isa community as they prepare for the Bell & Moir Toyota Rodeo Ball and the Queen Crowning.
The Queen Quest Titles
There are two titles up for grabs – Isa Rodeo Queen and Isa Rodeo Charity Queen. To be eligible for Isa Rodeo Queen, entrants are judged on:
- Knowledge of the sport of rodeo, the Isa Rodeo and festival of events
- Ability to perform role as Ambassadors for the Rodeo
- Public Speaking, Personality and Deportment
- General knowledge of current affairs, Mount Isa and Rotary
- Knowledge of community organisation and the ability to raise awareness
- Queen Quest Portfolio of Events and Community Spirit
- Compliance with conditions of entry
- The title of Isa Rodeo Charity Queen is awarded to the highest fundraiser
Become A Future Entrant
If you love rodeo and love Mount Isa and you’re interested in becoming a future Queen Quest entrant, please contact the Rodeo Office on (07) 4743 2706.