Congratulations 2017 Isa Rodeo Queen entrants – Caitlynd Gardner, representing BUSHKids; Alison Gibbs (Ronald McDonald House North Queensland); Maureen Miller (The Laura Johnson Home); and Samantha Eaton (Estelle Cardiff Community Kindergarten).
“We are very grateful for the ongoing support of all our sponsors, and Bell & Moir Toyota have been long time sponsors of the Rodeo Ball where the Queens are crowned and to Worn Out West for dressing our entrants,” said Natalie Flecker, Rodeo Manager.
Last year’s three entrants in the Isa Rodeo Queen Quest collectively raised more than $70,000 for local charities.
Queen Quest hopefuls work hard fundraising throughout the year with the help of the Mount Isa community as they prepare for the Bell & Moir Toyota Rodeo Ball and the Queen Crowning.
There are two titles up for grabs – Isa Rodeo Queen and Isa Rodeo Charity Queen. To be eligible for Isa Rodeo Queen, entrants are judged on:
- Knowledge of the sport of rodeo, the Isa Rodeo and festival of events
- Ability to perform role as ambassador for the rodeo
- Public Speaking, Personality & Deportment
- General knowledge of current affairs, Mount Isa and Rotary
- Knowledge of community organisation & ability to raise awareness
- Queen Quest Portfolio of Events & Community Spirit
- Compliance with conditions of entry
The title of Isa Rodeo Charity Queen is awarded to the highest fundraiser
QUEEN QUEST ENTRANTS
If you love rodeo and love Mount Isa and you’re interested in becoming a Queen Quest entrant, please contact the Rodeo Office on (07) 4743 2706.